|Date Posted:||Jan 17, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 20, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
As a lead person in infrastructure division, s/he should be able to guide site engineers in technical aspects and ensure smooth operation of the project and good quality of the works. S/he should be able to conduct detailed engineering survey, design, cost estimation and supervision of infrastructure activities such as water supply, construction of latrines irrigation, roads, buildings, etc. S/he should also be responsible to access feasibility of the projects, keep records and prepare progress reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrated abilities on survey, designing, cost estimation and supervision of different Engineering infrastructural works.
2. Worked in different fields in civil engineering infrastructural works and having knowledge on Water Supply and Sanitation scheme designing and implementation is preferable.
3. Demonstrated abilities to train / guide others technicians.
4. Ability to work closely with the other divisions and manage the ongoing program in an effective and efficient way.
5. Provide direction and technical advice to the water and sanitation intervention team on issues of procurement, supply, design and installation
6. Design and construction of water and sanitation system, overseeing the construction of wells, latrines, and waste disposal
7. Carry out water quality analysis and train staff and community members in water quality monitoring
8. Training and building of local community capacity in maintenance of water and sanitation sites, such as wells and latrines
9. Supervise, mentor, and monitor the work of the water/sanitation teams
10. Compile monthly reports, program/project documents and budgets.
11. Able to work actively as a part of team in the organization.
12. Knowledge on participatory working approach and have knowledge on PRA/PLA.
13. Positive thinking and learning attitude
14. Any other responsibility assigned by the WATSAN Coordinator
12. Positive thinking and learning attitude
13. Any other responsibility assigned by the WATSAN Coordinator
Qualifications and experienced required:
1. Minimum Bachelors degree in civil Engineering.
2. Should have at least 2 years experience in Watsan and other infrastructural works.
3. Fluent to communicate in English and Dari
4. Sound computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel and knowledge in AutoCAD and MS access is preferred.