|Date Posted:||Dec 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 12, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Database Developing|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design, layout of our website, develop and maintain databases across the organization, while ensuring high levels of data availability. The Database Developer will in addition evaluate and advise on all technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and applications. As part of the role, they will be responsible for implementing data dashboards to all levels of the organization.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Strong and proven integrity, time management; work prioritization skills,
- Ability to multi-task. Work under pressure and handle numerous tasks simultaneously in timely manner.
- Understanding of AWCC procedures, rules and regulations an asset. Ability to work effectively as a team member.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them in to operations and activities Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Applying third party upgrades to existing databases.
- Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop relational databases and secondary databases (i.e. Access).
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions.
- Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications.
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Development and maintenance of Data Warehouse.
- Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats.
- Notice of Revision: The terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor in computer science or a related field
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.