|Date Posted:||Jun 3, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 15, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Communication Specialist leads the overall Communication and Information management including the day to day public outreach activities of the WEE-NPP unit in MoLSAMD and liaises between the WEE-NPP unit and the communication unit of the MoLSAMD public outreach team and its relevant units.
Further, the Specialist will coordinate with the communications teams and public outreach activities of programmes and projects under the WEE-NPP that are implemented by other line ministries, development partners, and external contractors. . This includes maintaining records, preparing timely information/situation report, organization of WEE-NPP meetings and retreats as necessary and support advocacy of WEE-NPP progress/activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Prepare a robust Communications Strategy to guide the outreach, awareness-raising, and dissemination of results for the WEE-NPP.
2) Coordinate communications activities of programs and projects under the WEE-NPP with line ministries and other implementing partners to ensure implementation of the agreed communications strategy for WEE-NPP
3) Support MoLSAMD, WEE-NPP in facilitating various technical working group meetings, in maintaining and strengthening close collaboration with partners; Line ministries, UN agencies, and donor community, to ensure coordinated approaches and solution exchanges in areas impacting system-wide coherence
4) Planning and elaboration of communications needs assessments for WEE-NPP and find out the linkages between the program and overall MoLSAMD’s communication activities.
5) Management, promotion and dissemination of corporate advocacy materials for enhancing people understanding about different initiative of the NPP
6) Development and maintenance of close contacts with government officials, multilateral and bilateral donors, civil society and private sector for implementation of the NPP’s communications strategy, organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, etc.
7) Effective responding to inquiries for public information.
8) Strengthen feedback loops and consultation processes between the WEE-NPP and other working mechanisms to ensure reflection on best practices and lessons learned in the formulation of operational policy and guidance documents
9) Provide inputs into papers, talking points, reports and briefings, as required
10) Collect & review progress report on WEE-NPP from all line ministries, implementing partners at national and subnational level, consolidate and disseminate with relevant counterparts.
11) Communicate with DML, MoF and other line ministries to incorporate comments and feedback received from the stakeholders in operational strategies and implementation modalities of the program.
12) In conjunction with MoLSAMD, MoF & other line ministries, develop and periodically review the operational plan and compile annual administrative plans for the WEE-NPP.
13) Innovative and creative solutions to sensitive or corporately strategic public communications issues.
14) The Specialist will also be responsible for organizing WEE-NPP working group meetings, ensure notes are taken, share it with all relevant colleagues and identify & synthesis the best practices and lessons learned directly linked to WEE-NPP goals/mandate.
15) Support any other functions as required by the supervisor.
Having at least Master’s or its equivalent degree with 5 years working experience or having Bachelor’s degree with 7 years’ relevant experience, a degree in Journalism, media Management, Administration, and Management.
A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in the Communications and/or Public Affairs is required; specific experience working in Government is desirable.
Preference will be given to highly competent/ qualified female applicants
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Able to work without close supervision and take initiative in his/her own area of responsibility
- Ability to be administratively self-sufficient and work in challenging operational environment and a small, dynamic unit with limited resources
- Transparent, honest and accountable
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Good Interpersonal communication, team building, problem solving, and time management
- Good knowledge of local media and public outreach practices
- Effective Communication management skills
- Ability to work in critical situation and be able to manage conflicts
- Effective organizational and management skills
- Be culturally sensitive and possess good interpersonal skills
- Be well organized, reliable and able to deliver quality outcomes on time
- Possess critical thinking and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Computer skills including Excel and all relevant MS Office software
- Excellent fluency in writing, reading, listening, and public speaking in Dari, Pashto and English languages
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
IV. Timeframe and duration of the assignment
The assignment duration will be 6 months from the start date. The contract might be extended based on a satisfactory performance, project extension and the final approval of the Project Preparation Grant-PPG. The contract is also subject to 3 Months probationary period.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Senior Communication Specialist will report to MoLSAMD WEE-NPP’s Program Director.
The contact will be between the Senior Communication Specialist and MoLSAMD