|Date Posted:||May 28, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 9, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Under the guidance of Program Director, the Sr. Operations Specialist ensures strategic human resources management, efficient ICT, logistical, and common services consistent with government rules and regulations.
The Specialist supports the overall management and control of expendable and non-expendable WEE-NPP assets, assets disposal and renewal of inventory data, executes processes and transactions ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Specialist also provides constant evaluation and readjustment of the operations, consistent services delivery to take into account changes in the operating environment and leads the WEE-NPP ops unit to foster collaboration within the team and line ministries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Common services organization and management, establishment of partnerships with relevant entities and ministries
2) Working with the Program Director and the World Bank, prepare inputs for a project preparation grant (PPG) and subsequent project financing from the World Bank, as well as an Operations Manual detailing WEE-NPP implementation and operational procedures in accordance with both WB and GoIRA rules, regulations and policies.
3) Full compliance of operations with WEE-NPP/MoLSAMD rules, regulations and policies as outlined in the Operations Manual, implementation of operational strategies, establishment of management targets (BSC) and monitoring of achievement of results.
4) Establishment of collaborative arrangements with line ministries and key stakeholder, a Management system for resource mobilization purposes and appropriate operational partnership arrangements.
5) Facilitate and support coordination between MoLSAMD, line ministries, private sector, civil society, World Bank and donor community on activities related to women’s economic empowerment, including full and timely information sharing. This includes coordination with line ministries on the preparation of any new relevant projects.
6) With the support of Program Director and relevant colleagues in the Ministry execute the establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Finance, Human Resources Management, Procurement, Logistical and ICT services, as outlined in the WEE-NPP Operations Manual.
7) Continuous monitoring and analysis of the operating environment, timely readjustment of the operations, advice on legal considerations and risk assessment, to ensure efficient functioning, resolution of bottlenecks, and adherence to the WEE-NPP Operations Manual.
8) Knowledge building and sharing with regards to management and operations in the team, organization of the operations staff trainings, synthesis of lessons learnt/best practices, and sound contributions to WEE-NPP knowledge networks and communities of practice
9) Maintenance of a secure, reliable infrastructure environment for ICT and adequate planning for disasters and recoveries.
10) Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge sharing, information provision and learning including web-based office management system, etc.
11) Elaboration of the strategic approach for implementation of common services in line with the latest developments in common services and the best practices.
12) Proper planning and tracking of common services budget
13) Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new activities, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
14) Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
15) Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats and other events
16) Assessment of the level of WEE-NPP engagement with each donor to support fundraising efforts: type and level of contact and particular areas of interest; development of procedures/manual to position the WEE-NPP to become a priority partner for the donor.
17) Ensure implementation of cost saving measures through negotiation with relevant service provider
18) Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities, on space and other administrative matters
19) Coordination of assets management in the WEE-NPP, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, coordination and verification of inventory items.
20) Advises senior management on operational issues affecting the normal operations of the NPP.
21) Provides policy support, guidance and advocacy on the development, establishment and management of common services arrangements to/by participating ministries/agencies at the national and subnational level;
22) Ensuring strategic direction of operations
23) Efficient administrative and logistical services
24) Any other task related to efficient functioning of the WEE-NPP as determined by WEE-NPP management.
Having at least Master degree in the field of Management and Leadership or its equivalent degree with 5 years of working experience in management and office administration or having Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with 7 years’ of relevant experience in the field of Operations, Business Developments, coordination, Administration, Human Resources, or other related fields.
Sound knowledge in operations of different projects including the private sector and processes relating to operational activities for development, sustainable development, and other issues of system-wide coherence
Preference will be given to highly competent/qualified female applicants and those who have previously worked in this program.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Able to work without close supervision and take initiative in his/her own area of responsibility
- Excellent Knowledge of office administration
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Interpersonal communication, team building, problem solving, and time management
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Solid knowledge in financial resources and human resources management, contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, general administration
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills in English, Dari, and Pashto languages
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office software package including Word and Excel.
IV. Timeframe and duration of the assignment
The assignment duration will be 6 months from the start date. The contract might be extended based on a satisfactory performance, project extension and the final approval of the Project Preparation Grant-PPG. The contract is also subject to 3 Months probationary period.