|Date Posted:||Oct 16, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||25000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
Purpose of the Position
The position is expected to coordinate and support all the affairs relating to the establishment and management of Youth Information and Contact Centre intended to provide information useful for young people and facilitate their linkage with the services available.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The YICC Manager will be responsible for:
1. Under the supervision of the Youth Department, establishment of a functional Youth Information and Contact Center (YICC) in Kabul province.
2. Make an inventory of existing Youth Groups/Associations (both formal and informal) in Helmand province.
3. Conduct a workshop with all youth groups in Helmand province and orient them about the objective of the YICC.
4. Regular coaching of Youth Department staff.
5. Plan, organize and conduct youth services mapping in Helmand aimed at mapping, locating and collecting information about services useful for youth.
6. Develope database on data and information on various youth cultural, educational and vocational activities that can be shared with wider stakeholders.
7. In collaboration with the key stakeholders and under the guidance of the DMoYA, support the development of Plan of Action on Youth Development through collective decision making and youth participation.
8. Make the information available about various aspects in YICC as per the YICC concept paper through various local channels and media. The information to be posted and easily accessible to young people both boys and girls. Maintain the information regularly updated.
9. Establish links with schools (boys and girls) on sharing information through Department of Education and with the children under rehabilitation/ reintegration programme.
10. Maintain contact and relationships with the youth services providers available in the province and build a mechanism of referral system for youth in need of services through the YICC.
11. Supervise the youth counselors based in the YICC.
12. Organize YICC fortnight meetings, share the minutes and follow action points. Coordinate and participate in the meetings and share the information with YICC.
13. Monitor regularly the activities and undertake the required adjustment for improving the YICC daily routine.
14. Prepare monthly activities and monitoring reports and submit to DMoYA and UNICEF.
15. Coordinate and supervise all the relevant activities of YICC, and perform tasks related to YICC assigned by the director of youth
1. University Bachelorâ€™s Degree in social science or related field or equivalent experience;
2. Three years of progressively responsible professional work in the area of youth development, child rights, preferably in the region;
3. Analytical capacity and experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and coordination;
4. Previous experience in project and office management and proven skills of supervising more than two persons;
5. Strong both oral and written communication, advocacy and negotiation skills, experience in training is an asset;
6. Knowledge and experience with youth groups in the region, Helmand province in particular will be a great asset;
7. Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari languages.