|Date Posted:||Nov 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
The Young Graduates will be administratively reporting to the provincial extension Advisor/ Coordinator in close collaboration with the SNaPP2 livestock technical team under day- to- day management of SNaPP2 provincial extension advisor/coordinator, livestock extension officer in the implantation of the livestock related activities. The Young Graduates will be working with any of provincial service providers of the SNaPP2 – DAIL in the provincial office but their main focus area will be the livestock component of the project will be development community groups, based on demand driven and participatory methods in the collaboration with provincial team under the overall supervision of the program director.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Written and oral proficiency in English language and both official languages of Afghanistan (Dari and Pashto)
- Ability to know Computer knowledge particularly Microsoft office applications and internet.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- He/she would prepare and present accurate verbal and/or written reports to the line project manager of SNaPP-2 based in DAIL when required.
- Working with project beneficiaries (women and men) to organize them in groups.
- Support the project livestock component related activities and participates in the meetings and trainings of women and men in the project interventions with a particular focus on gender related issues.
- Records and reports success stories particularly of gender activities of the SNaPP-2 project.
- Being active representative of SNaPP-2 with Service Providers (SPs) in livestock related activities.
- Assists project team in all research and data collection activities in the respective provinces.
- Interact efficiently with communities, families, producer groups, cooperatives, village leaders, CDCs etc.
- Makes regular field visit in order to make sure that project activities are on the right track.
- He/She would be responsible of timely reporting of the problems faced by the project in the field.
- Assists in preparation of daily, weekly and monthly activity reports or as instructed by the hierarchy.
- In case of need/or when asked, he/she would help DAIL directorate in preparation and organizing of the Provincial Coordination Committee (PCC) meetings minutes.
- Assists in translation of technical information from English to Pashto/Dari and vice versa.
- Participate in trainings/workshops for self-development as required thus ensuring the successful implementation of the project;
- Assist the division in daily technical activities
- Keep records of activities and notes about all important observations and recommendations made;
- Closely work with other extension workers (Agriculture and livestock) of the project to ensure quality service, cooperation and coordination.
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
The young professional consultant should be a fresh graduate and must have bachelors from:
- DVM (Veterinary Science)
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
- Please send your CV along with a cover letter
- Subject line must be: (YPC-014/MAIL/CLAP) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
- Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.