|Date Posted:||Jul 5, 2017|
|Reference:||Com-Science YPC 12111/MAIL/SNaPP2|
|Closing Date:||Jul 7, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces. The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains. General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces. Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
Young Professional Programme:
SNaPP-2 programme finances “Young Professional Programme” (YPP), which allows young, national technical professionals recently graduated to work with the SNaPP-2 for a period of one year in order to acquire a practice-oriented, first work experience.
Specific information about the job:
The young graduates will be administratively reporting to the provincial extension coordinator but technically to the SNaPP2 Project Manager under day-to-day management of SNaPP2 Provincial Advisor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In line with the ICT policies, procedures and protocols of MAIL and the Project Implementation Manual, the YPC is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Provides assistance in the use of personnel computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs;
2. Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
3. Installs software and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals;
4. Tests programs;
5. Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribe guidelines and /or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
6. Maintains systems, databases and web pages;
7. Administers user accounts;
8. Designs and produces basic reports;
9. Sets up and submits production jobs and edits and debugs computer output;
10. Transfers computer files between platforms;
11. Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer.
12. Transfers computer files between platforms;
13. Any other relevant duty assigned by the supervisor.
Anyone assigned by the project manager.
The young professional consultant should be a fresh graduate and must have bachelors from:
Written and oral proficiency in English language and both official languages of Afghanistan;
Ability to work with computers particularly Microsoft Office applications;
Work in the provinces.