|Date Posted:||Nov 28, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 11, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement Specialist the YPC (Procurement) is responsible to assist Sr. Procurement Specialist in the procurement of goods, services and consultancies.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Good communication, team working and problem-solving skills;
- Good computer skills, including proven experience using Microsoft Office package.
- Fluency in written and spoken Pashto, Dari and English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The YPC (Procurement) will report directly to the Sr. Procurement Specialist CLAP. His/her Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- The Procurement YPC will be responsible for carrying out the following activities:
- Receives assignments (Procurement Requests) on daily basis through the Procurement Specialist
- Prepares Request for Quotations (RFQs);
- Delivers the RFQs to the Potential vendors and receives it.
- Assists the committee with opening of the received quotations.
- Prepares comparative statement, and purchase agreements.
- Gets advances and replenishments for cash purchases;
- Updates/Maintains the procurement tracking sheets.
- Follow-ups and maintains all administrative procedures during the meeting, including bid/proposal opening meeting minutes.
- Manages proper procurement filling/record system, keeping system for both paper and electronic.
- Provide daily support to procurement specialist directorate
- Help in the preparation of procurement related documents
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly CLAP procurement updates; prepare status and other reports as necessary regarding progress and performance, problems and corrective actions, and general oversight.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Fresh graduate with one-year relevant experience in a government and international organization, experience in Governmental Organizations are preferable.
- Eager to learn, committed and team oriented
- Good office administration and record keeping skills.