|Date Posted:||Aug 26, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Management|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AWCCI):
A group of businesswomen realized lack of a platform to specifically serve businesswomen’s needs in the country and the need to do policy advocacy so they collaborated and established Leading Entrepreneurs for Afghanistan’s Development (LEAD). LEAD was established in 2013 and officially launched on January 22, 2014.
LEAD changed to Afghanistan’s Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Industries on March 12th , 2017 through the approval of the High Economic Council of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presided by H.E. the President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani.
Vision: An Afghanistan in which Afghan women and female entrepreneurs have national and international recognition for their contribution in the sustainable economic development of Afghanistan and unimpeded access to economic opportunity and prosperity.
Mission: AWCCI works to meaningfully represent, advance, and secure Afghan women’s economic interests, nationally and internationally.
Goal: To create a viable business/work environment in the privates sector of Afghanistan for women to participate and contribute the economic development of Afghanistan.
AWCCI conducted its activities towards achieving its goal and fulfilling its mission under two main titles:
- Unifying Our Voice – activities under this title meant to work with women business owners, increase their awareness and enhance their participation towards the common goal of reflecting concerns and interests of women business owners in the policy making.
- Let’s Collaborate for a Better Result – activities under this title were conducted with partners within and outside Afghanistan to enhance opportunities for women business owners.
The Zone Manager reports to President of AWCCI. The Zone Manager will be part of a well-established team at AWCCI. She will take the lead on Zone support of the organization and will be the go to person for all Zone Manager related activities.
Provinces to travel:
1. Strong spoken and written communications skills.
2. Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
3. Demonstration of personal drive and self-motivation.
4. Competent and able to interact with a wide range of people.
5. Proactive, self-motivated and self- confident candidate
6. Excellent Computer Skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. With the assistance from the President put together monthly, quarterly and annual advocacy plans for the Zone/province.
2. With the assistance from the Business Development Manager put together business development plans.
3. Visit government offices and businesses to collect data
4. Provide reports and information to President and board of directors.
5. Provide Success and business stories bi-weekly in website and promoting it on social media
6. Provide information about world opportunities to AWCCI and women businesses
7. Web develop (checking web, uploading of news and relevant reports)
8. Help AWCCI main office to conduct Research and M&E
9. Getting interview from Business Women/men or People
10. Learn how to raise funds and find private sponsorships for AWCCI programs and conduct fund raising.
11. Write concepts and reports for funds raising and implementation.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
Bachelor degree in Business Administration/Management (Masters will be preferred.)
At least 3 to 5 years of experience in relevant field.