Every meritorious student that has been offered this scholarship by SII shall receive it for a maximum period:
- of 5 years for undergraduate integrated courses;
- of 3 or 4 years for undergraduate courses, according to the course duration;
- of 2 years for postgraduate courses;
- or, till the completion of this course, whichever is lesser.
Please note, scholarships are only available for the above listed categories, and not for Ph.D, M.Phil and Doctoral level courses.
To apply for this scholarship, students should have registered with SII, completed an application on our website - www.studyinindia.gov.in, and been admitted into SII-partnered institutions. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the following:
- Students should have had a meritorious academic history in his / her secondary school, higher secondary school, and / or latest academic qualification.
- Students from the given list of countries may appear for the Ind-SAT exam that is conducted by the SII team, and a merit list would be generated for the second-wave of shortlisting.
- According to the country-wise allocated quota and other criterion, the final shortlisted will be contacted by the SII team.
Please note, all applications for the Ind-SAT exam are on a separate portal, the link of which will be sent to the student’s email address, and will be also available on the Student Dashboard and the SII portal.
A few important clauses about the scholarship for the students applying for the SII scholarship.
- Each scholarship is valued at USD 3500 per student per year.
- Each scholarship under the SII scheme will only cover tuition, accommodation, food and admission fees. No other expense listed outside this set will be provided for by this scholarship.
- If the total fees of the course for each year, which includes tuition, accommodation, food and admission, is lesser than the proposed value of USD3500, the lesser amount will be given as scholarship.
- All scholarships are electronically transferred to the institutes.
- Scholarship amount will be transferred to the institute after a verification of the student’s attendance for the first month has been forwarded to the SII team.
- All scholarships are renewable on a year-on-year basis until the day of Graduation.
Before releasing the final offer letter to students, each online application will be verified for the Institute and the Scholarship Allotment by institutes and the SII team.
For further information, please read through the clauses given below carefully before applying for the SII scholarship.
|Date Posted:||Feb 26, 2020||Closing Date:||Mar 26, 2020|