(1) A tailored capacity-building program focused on leadership, communication, and civic engagement.
(2) Participation in intensive workshops on conflict resolution and regional issues
(3) An internship and a community service volunteering component.
(4) Internships to provide intensive public/private sector experiences
(5) A senior-year capstone civic service project relevant to the student’s communities
(6) Student mentorship and support from existing ELC scholars.
Eligibility criteria - Who can apply?
1. Applicants should be Afghan citizens residing in Afghanistan at the time of applying.
2. Applicants should hold a baccalaureate degree (high school diploma) or equivalent.
3. Applicants should have graduated from high school in the year of 2017, 2018, and 2019.
4. Applicants must be in very good academic standing.
5. Applicants must have approximately 75% as a minimum average in high school grades.
6. Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential and commitment to community service and civic engagement.
7. Applicants should not have been enrolled in or completed a degree at any university.
8. Fluency in academic English, especially reading and writing academic texts.
What does the scholarship cover?
1. Full tuition fees for the duration of the study program
3. Medical and health insurance
4. Monthly stipend
5. Annual round-trip to Afghanistan
How to apply?
To apply, you should submit the following required application documents:
1. Official copy of your Baccalaureate or high school diploma or equivalent
2. Official certified high school transcripts
Documents (1) and (2) must be submitted both in English and in their original language, if different
3. Two recent passport-sized colored photos
4. Copy of official Afghan ID card and/or passport
If you don’t have a passport, please submit your Afghan ID. Shortlisted candidates should commit to issue their passports within a short notice.
5. Proof of English proficiency (SAT I or TOEFL) if available
6. Completed online application
Statement of purpose (150 words) about what makes you an ideal candidate for this program.
Written essay (250 words) on how you think this scholarship can help you play a role in Afghanistan future.
Applicants need to:
1. Download the application form available online via the following link:
Note: Downloading the application is only for applicants submitting hard copies.
2. Fill the online application and scan all required documents using the following link: http://survey.aub.edu.lb/index.php/995532?lang=en
Note: Online applications should be completed and submitted with all required documents.
Please address your questions to:
In Lebanon - American University of Beirut Ms. Sandra Zeineddine, Program Manager Elc2018@aub.edu.lb
In Afghanistan - Women for Afghan Women
Ms. Shekwa Nasrati, Project Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
+93 (0) 793182880 / +93 (0) 728162982
|Date Posted:||Dec 30, 2019||Closing Date:||Feb 20, 2020|