Who can apply?
You can apply for an internship if:
- You have completed your full-time university studies (bachelor's degree or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; or
- You are enrolled in a graduate programme (second university degree or Master's degree or equivalent, or higher), at the time of application; or
- You have recently graduated with a university degree (first or second degree as defined above), within the last 12 months.
Applicants in secretarial/assistant or technical/professional assignments must be enrolled in a secretarial school or in a specialized technical/professional institution, and must have reached the last year of their studies, or have recently graduated (within the last 12 months) from their school or institution.
What are the requirements?
- Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply.
- Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French. A working knowledge of the other language (English or French) is an asset, and may be required for internships in secretarial and assistantship assignments at the headquarters.
- Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
- Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What do you need to prepare?
- Visa: You should obtain any necessary visas.
- Travel: You must arrange and finance your travel to the location where you will undertake your internship.
- Medical insurance: You must show proof of a comprehensive health insurance valid in the country where you will undertake your internship and for the entire period of the internship. UNESCO will only provide limited insurance coverage up to USD 30,000 against risk of illness, disability, or death during the internship period.
- Medical certificate: Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide a medical certificate indicating you are fit to work.
- ID/Certificate of Enrolment/Diploma (if you have just recently graduated)
- Have your motivation letter and résumé ready before filling out the application form. You only have one hour to finish the process.
- All fields marked with * are mandatory.
- You can only use either English or French in applying.
- You are allowed to submit only one application.
- The duration of an internship generally ranges between 2 and 6 months.
- UNESCO does not remunerate interns. There is no compensation, financial or otherwise for internship assignments.
- Even if you are eligible, there is no guarantee of placement. We receive more applications from qualified candidates than we can place.
- Your application will be accessed by UNESCO managers around the world and will stay in our database for a period of six months.
- We do not respond to each and every candidate. If selected, you will be directly contacted by the manager. If you do not receive any update within six months, it means that your application has not been successful.
Official Website: https://en.unesco.org/careers/internships
|Date Posted:||Jun 25, 2019||Closing Date:||Jun 30, 2019|