Who is eligible
The program is open to those who have gained admission to an approved MA course at a participating academic institution. Candidates should be 35 years old or younger; in good health; with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent; and have a superior academic record. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
Scholarships are available to citizens of the following countries/areas:
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam
How to apply
How candidates are selected
The academic institution will screen and rank the applicants, based on its own selection criteria, keeping in view the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the ADB. In the evaluation process, the academic institution may contact the candidates for further information. The academic institution will then submit its ranked list of applicants to ADB, including a description of the score/grading system which is the basis for the ranking.
ADB will review the submission from the academic institutions and recommend awardees based on the selection criteria of ADB to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
Upon approval by the Executive Director of Japan, ADB will advise academic institutions on the successful candidates.
The academic institution will inform all applicants of the outcome of the selection process and begin to make arrangements for the awardees take up their scholarships.
The academic institutions will arrange for the signing of the acceptance of scholarship award by awardee wherein the scholars agree that after completion of their study, they will return to their home country.
ADB will send an appropriate congratulatory letter to scholars through the university.
Important to note
- No separate application to ADB is necessary.
- The duly accomplished applications form together with all copies of academic records should be sent to the institution at least six (6) months before the commencement of the intake that you wish to join.
- Only candidates who have been offered admission and endorsed by the academic institutions will be considered for the scholarships by the ADB.
- The ADB-JSP does not cover expenses for the scholar's family; extra-curricular courses or training; additional travel during the course of the study program; additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, or participation in workshops, seminars, or internships while at the academic institution or purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
- Completion of the application form or admission by the academic institution does not mean that you have been accepted for a scholarship; accordingly you should not take any action with respect to your current employment or otherwise, until you have been informed by the institution that you have been awarded a scholarship.
|Date Posted:||Apr 11, 2020||Closing Date:||May 11, 2020|