In order to apply to the Draper Hills Summer Fellows Program please create an account through our online portal. The application form is available once you login and will be available through the deadline, Wednesday, January 1, 2020. Due to the volume of applications, we strongly suggest that you submit the application form as soon as possible. You will be asked to contact two references to furnish letters of recommendation to support your candidacy to the program. A complete application package will be due no later than Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
Applicants will be informed of their selection to the program by April 2020. Please do not email us concerning your application status before that time as the program team will be very busy processing and reviewing files.
All application materials must be submitted in English. Applicants should be sensitive to word count and not exceed any of the stated word count limits in the narrative sections of the form as you will automatically be cut off.
Please remember that you are always able to save and return to your work at any time by clicking on the "Save Draft" button. We encourage you to save your work often during the application process so you do not jeopardize losing your material.
The application contains the following sections:
- Applicant Information
- Academics & Career Information
- Essay Questions
- English Language Proficiency
- Video Submission
- Financial Information
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Certification
Format for Letters of Recommendation:
- Letters must be submitted in English
- Written on official organization letterhead
- Be signed with your name, official position, and contact information
- Be formatted in MS Word Document (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat PDF (.pdf), all other file types will not be accepted.
- Uploaded as one file (please do not try to upload individual pages)
Letter of Recommendation Guidelines
- The length of time you have known the applicant and the context of your relationship to the applicant.
- Your opinion of his or her background, qualifications, accomplishments, and experiences as they relate to the field of democratic development.
- Reflect on the candidate's English language comprehension
- Your views on the suitability of the applicant for a fellowship of this academic nature.
- How their work has impacted the field(s) of democracy, development, and the rule of law.
- Any other information you feel is important to share concerning the candidate.
- Please indicate if you are an alumnus/alumna of this program and why you believe the candidate is a strong fit for the fellowship based on your experience.
CDDRL invites emerging political, civil society and business leaders from transitional countries to apply to participate in its 15th annual Draper Hills Summer Fellowship on Democracy and Development from Sunday, July 12, 2020 to Friday, July 31, 2020. Deadline for the application form and two letters of recommendation is 5:00pm PST on Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
|Date Posted:||Dec 3, 2019||Closing Date:||Jan 1, 2020|