- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- Age Requirement.
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- English language proficiency.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied in English at the post-secondary level (undergraduate and/or graduate) for at least two years. We will accept the following English language proficiency exams with minimum scores:
- TOEFL iBT: minimum score 100
- TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition: minimum score 100
- TOEFL PBT: minimum score 600
- IELTS Academic: minimum score 7
- IELTS Indicator: minimum score 7
The application period for U.S and Global applicants will be open between April 15, 2020 and September 22, 2020.
We are considering all of the challenges applicants have faced over the past few months during this application cycle. To learn more about what we've been doing in light of the global situation surrounding the coronavirus, click here.
Selections will be made in November 2020. Applicants with Chinese passports apply by May 2020, with selections made in September 2020. Please review basic eligibility requirements via the link to the right.
To give you the opportunity to learn more about our selection process and unique elements of the Scholar experience while engaging with our Admissions officers, current Scholars and alumni, we encourage you to join our upcoming webinars through the next several months leading up to the application deadline. Please also reach out to us anytime with questions at email@example.com; we are here to help.
Required forms and records include:
- Online application
- Resume (2 page maximum)
- Transcripts/Academic Records
- Essays (2)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Video (optional)
The students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- Tuition Fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- An in-country study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Health insurance
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses
Schwarzman Scholars will be the single largest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international donors.
|Date Posted:||Aug 16, 2020||Closing Date:||Sep 22, 2020|