|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Quality Control (QC),Civil Engineering,Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 20 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ahdaas Construction Company:
AHDAAS Construction Company is working in Afghanistan since 2002. Ahdaas goal and objective is building a nation of expertise and talented engineers to work with full commitment as a team for the better rehabilitation of Afghanistan with high level of enthusiasm plus competitive improvement of Afghan men and women engineers.
Ahdaas is dedicated to providing quality construction products and services to its customers by maintaining the highest level of safety, integrity and innovation, while remaining environmentally responsible and fostering growth in our employees and communities.
The Civil Engineer/Bridge Construction Engineer plays a technical, organizational and supervisory role on construction and operations of the 100m long RCC bridge on Harirod river in Firozkoh city of Ghor province. As part of the site management team the Civil Engineer/Bridge Construction Engineer liaises with and works alongside the project manager, QC/Material Engineer, Project Engineers, Construction managers, foremen, planners, surveyors and subcontractors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, coordination, supervision of technical aspects of 100m long bridge construction project in Firozkoh city of Ghor province.
- Perform day-to-day management of the site including coordination with the client team leader, subcontractors, quality surveyors and the general workforce;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Create work schedules and adjust as needed to meet project deadlines on site;
- Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the project design team;
- Verify plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials and check on the site measurements and bills, material specification as per the Tender or BOQ;
- Fix up routine site meetings and create graphical representation of proposed solutions, prepare documents and presentations, compile and make reports on the work progress;
- Maintain detailed documentation of all Civil engineering activities;
- Resolve any unexpected technical and other difficulties that may arise;
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the site in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- Overseeing quality control, health and safety matters on site;
- Preparing reports as required;
- Ensuring all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
- Interpreting the contract design documents supplied.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the Project Manager/Construction Director.
- Reporting project status through daily, weekly, monthly reports to project manager.
- Suggest process and technical design changes to improve performance and efficiency.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time by management.
- B.S. degree in civil engineering or road construction.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Bridge/Road construction projects.
- Shall have sound knowledge of all civil and road/bridge tests.
- Shall be familiar with QC requirements for road/bridge projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
Interested candidates shall submit their resumes/CVs along with the cover letter (in 1 Word file) to this email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com Please indicate the exact job title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered.