|Date Posted:||Dec 2, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 16, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About GTR Group:
Grand Technology Resources - GTR is the leading Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Solution Company specialized in IT application, Infrastructure solutions and integrating technology into business strategy and business process. Here at GTR we help business, government institutions, and private organizations to gain competitive advantages and achieve their goals with our ICT Solutions & Services. Headquartered in Kabul Afghanistan, GTR was previously Malaysian-Afghan owned company, but as per the vision of our CEO and President Mr. Mirwais Alizai, the company was transferred to the Afghan-Malaysian proprietorship and currently it is a multi – million dollar industrial leader company with physical presence in Afghanistan, Malaysia, UAE and expanding. For more information on company background please visit company website at www.gtr.com.my
As a business development specialist, the employee will be concerned with improving and growing the business interests of GTR by fostering and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners. He/she will work to improve the profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or to enhance the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide business development expertise in positioning; capture planning and proposal preparation for specific opportunities with Afghan government and other inter-government institutions, foundations, and corporations.
- Work across the business development life cycle, including identifying, researching, and analyzing Afghan government’s needs, proposing solutions, and initiating the procurement process.
- Coordinate proposal development processes to ensure timely submission of high quality proposals that are responsive to government requirements, applicable regulations, and GTR's technical and cost standards. Lead and support proposal budget processes and propose recommendations to develop a competitive proposal.
- Serve as proposal coordinator and participate in bid analysis, proposal review as well as contribute both technical and non-technical knowledge to ensure a coherent, responsive proposal with clear win themes.
- Provided executive relationship management by Identifying key decision makers within the potential client organization as well as setting up meetings between client decision makers and GTR’s management.
- Support and guide identification of partners for proposal consortium, ensuring competitive position for GTR that complies with the firm’s partnership principles and strategic direction.
- Participate in relevant trade shows, industry days, and seminars to stay up to date on government’s strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Be accountable for annual goals and objectives for funnel and pipeline, bookings, backlog, and revenue.
- Train and mentor staff, as needed, to enhance their skills in proposal development, representation to Afghan government organizations, data gathering, and marketing within Afghan government’s developments and portfolios.
- Maintain a forward-looking, customer-centric, entrepreneurial, proactive, and flexible mindset while anticipating market needs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in international development, business administration or related field; Master’s degree is a plus
- 5+ years of business development, marketing, or government experience, including selling offerings, services, and solutions to Afghan government agencies
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Solid understanding and experience with government procurement, contracting procedures, and funding mechanisms; advanced knowledge of contracts.
- Solid, active network of key relationships within government agencies; record of success in government markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate enterprise-level business value propositions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with other senior executives, customers, and external parties; good networking skills
- Excellent negotiation, organizational, analytical, and research skills; ability to apply these skills with a business process-oriented mindset
- Ability to maintain an “outside-in” perspective using customer, consumer, market, and industry insights
- Ability to take a proactive approach to opportunities in order to remain ahead of the competition