|Date Posted:||May 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Economic Growth,Social Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Industry & Commerce:
Export Promotion Project (EPP) of Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MoIC) is mainly focusing on growth and promotion of export & trade and paving better platform through identification of potential international markets and assistance provision during the product export activities for Afghan exporters in Afghanistan. The project is mainly working on markets access, provision of market information to Afghan exporters, shipment mapping, and to link the businesses with Afghan authorities within the country and outside the country to assist them during their products shipment to international markets.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Deputy Project Manager (1 position) (Male/female)
Type of Appointment:
Short term contract
6 Months (three months’ probation) with possibility of extension
EPD in Kabul
Procurement Plan Ref
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Export Promotion Project at MoIC shall play a key role in implementation of the project and shall be one of the senior management team to manage and lead the technical team during the course of their activities. The Export Promotion Project plays a key role in achievement of Afghanistan export target set by the government to be achieved through provision of marketing, development of assistance provision directory and shipment processes maps to help Afghan exporters/agencies during their product shipment to int’l markets.
The Deputy Project Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Export Promotion Directorate. S/he is expected to help the Export Promotion Project to lead and direct the overall activities of the team, guide in implementation of the planned activities and shall manage the staffs activities and resource management.
The Deputy Project Manager will be assigned to establish coordination with internal and external stakeholders, insure the timely implementation of the project activities, introduce and establish appropriate reporting system for the project and insure the timely budget execution of the project. In addition, s/he will be responsible to knowledge management and orientation to technical team and support team, monitor the planned activities, and help the team with timely reporting of the achievements and successes. The Deputy Project Manager will be responsible to manage the support team to insure timely and effective supports provided.
Provinces to travel:
1. Strong project management skills;
2. Strong argument resolution skills;
3. Strong presentation and communication skills;
4. Interested in reading and writing.
5. Good writing skills in Dari or Pashto is an asset;
6. Be able to work in a dynamic working environment;
7. Strong interpersonal skills;
8. Ability to travel to provinces, if required;
9. Ability and willingness to travel to the provinces when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Design, develop and implement of EPP project implementation plan, procedures and guidelines as required,
2. Establish strong communication & coordination with internal and external stakeholders for smooth execution of project
3. Ensure on time project implementation within scope & budget and ensure required resource allocation;
4. Use proper verification methods to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
5. Manage project staff and establish reporting mechanism to receive reports as per JDs and provide reports to ministry leadership accordingly;
6. Devise and implement motivation plan and maintain project documentation and filling system;
7. Travel to corridors to conduct comprehensive survey on export procedures to identify key challenges through mapping processes, meetings with exporters and group/individual interviews;
8. Collect required documents through conducting meetings with border officials and other stakeholders;
9. Submit comprehensive report on export process of different corridors to project manager/MoIC leadership highlighting major export challenges and presenting recommendations to overcome available challenges;
10. Devise and implement motivation plan and maintain project documentation and filling system;
11. Any other duties as assigned by Export Promotion Directorate (EPD).
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. University degree required in Economics & Commerce Studies, BBA, Social Science, Public Policy, or other relevant field;
2. Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) and Dari or Pashto languages;
3. At least 7 years of work experience with Bachelor and 4 years with Master Degree is preferred in areas dealing with project implementation, project management, knowledge management or similar field;
4. Strong knowledge of implementation of development projects;
5. Good knowledge of computer and data management programs;
6. Excellent computer skills using (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Internet browsing;
7. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply;