|Date Posted:||Feb 7, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 21, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) began as an agency that provided licenses to companies wishing to invest in Afghanistan. AISA has now evolved into a pro-active institution on promoting and attracting investment to Afghanistan. AISA, having its main office in Kabul and regional offices in Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-i-sharif, Nangharhar, Khost, Kunduz, Paktia, Faryab and Helmand province, delivers a wide range of services to investors all over the country.
The Deputy Manager under supervision of the Vice President Investment and Director Licensing will assist the Regional Manager in all day to day AISA activities and provide a full back up support in absence of the Regional Manager to represent AISA at regional level as well as manage all the licensing tasks in the regional office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Deputy Regional Manager is responsible to supervise a nonâ€“supervisory employee; overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department; carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizationâ€™s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities also include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising staff performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) In cooperation with regional manager and coordination with Licensing Department prepare the licensing documents.
2) Coordinate with Investment Promotion and Investor Support Departments with regards to promotion activities and domestic and foreign support at provincial and regional levels.
3) Liaise with the Government Institutions in facilitating the licensing procedures for the investors.
4) Study the investment climate of the concerned province, and in broader view, region to provide useful information to the Research and Policy Department.
5) Prepare monthly progress report and submit it to the Research and Policy Department
6) Prepare and control all the financial transactions of the regional office and submit the same to the Finance Department (Head office).
7) Document and record all the licenses issued and other relevant papers.
8) Conducting and organizing all provincial meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops on behalf of AISA in the respective regional office.
9) Oversee the department activities on continuous basis.
10) Any other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree from a recognized University, in Law, Business Management, Economics, Commerce or any other related field with a minimum of five years experience in the relevant field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures.
2. Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
3. Committed to action and takes personal responsibility for getting things
5. Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and focus through day to day work
6. Changes and shifting priorities during periods of uncertainty.
7. Builds and sustains relationships with a network of key people at internal and external levels.
8. Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team.
9. Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, resilience and commitment to
a. pursue organizational goals in a changing environment.
10. Makes every effort to maintain professional expertise and career orientation.