|Date Posted:||Jul 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Management,Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Capable of preparing safety procedures, daily reporting, site safety, Health and environment expertise.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills English, Pashto and Dari Languages
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate efforts with consultants, contractors, and internal resources to ensure the project runs smoothly from inception through end of construction
- Ability to demonstrate experience in the administration of finances as associated with project management, i.e. cost estimation and budgeting
- Ability to read and comprehend construction plans, estimates, surveys, and specifications
- Ability to lead negotiations with consultants, contractors, other agencies, and stakeholders to procure resources and formalize cooperative relationships that achieve project goals
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to exercise flexibility in accommodating shifting priorities, demands, and schedules
- Ability to deal tactfully with a diverse group of people in a professional manner in a complex organization
- Ability to drive a county or personal vehicle to various job sites as needed to accomplish tasks
- Strong Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required experience, education and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome but the interview shall be conducted on daily bases for qualified candidates. Working with US Army Corps of Engineers projects shall be highly desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In partnership with job site supervision, plan, lead and participate in job site safety meetings with Company and Prime Contractor.
Train, educate and ensure job site supervisors are capable of running safety meetings on their own.
Review and update monthly all site specific safety plans with the project teams.
Develop and ensure safe equipment operating techniques. Periodically check all machines and equipment to make sure they are in good condition.
Inspect, update and provide all safety and Labor and Industry posters for each job site and office. Participate in pre-job safety meetings with subcontractors/Labors and Prime Contractor.
Review all applicable documentation for completeness to ensure subcontractor/labors can adequately execute their scope of work safely.
Follow up with subcontractor representatives to ensure proper disciplinary procedures are followed.
Serves as principal source of information on health and safety issues to hold subcontractor/Labors accountable to submitted safety and quality programs.
Provide and ensure compliance with information, signs, posters, barriers and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
Work with injured workers to facilitate early return to full duty work responsibilities and to provide meaningful light duty transitional work opportunities.
Investigate accidents, injuries, or occupational hazards/illness’ to determine causes and put in place preventive measures.
Report and review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections and environmental tests.
Develop, plan, conduct or coordinate worker training sessions for areas such as safety law and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
Interpret safety regulations in construction safety, and communicate accordingly.
Write and revise safety regulations and codes.
Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards.
Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
Design, conduct or coordinate worker training courses that cover safety law and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
Evaluate adequacy and relevance of existing policy, Implement corrective action health and safety violations.
This opportunity is open to individuals of Afghan Nationals providing they meet the criteria set out above.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
OSHA 30 Hours or NEBOSH Certified or related field or a degree in construction management or occupational health and safety is the best preparation for a safety manager in a construction projects.
- A minimum of Five (5) years of professional experience in the management of multi-disciplined projects in architecture, Electrical engineering and construction fields
- Experience in Construction Project Management