|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Nov 1, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Social Development and Research Organization for Afghans (SDROA) is a non-governmental organization. We are the implementing educational programs in various provinces of Afghanistan that enhances the capacity of the youth to step up as leaders in the future. The various educational, capacity building and awareness programs will provide opportunities for those who are seeking to unlock their potentials and move forward to contribute in the nation building.
The Coordinator has two major areas of responsibility – management of the center and programming. Work will be done with the support and collaboration of the staff of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy, Kabul and implementing partner Social Development and Research Organization for Afghans. The candidate is required to ensure the integrity of the LLC’s financial operations and make sure the operations adhere to the existing policies of the organization and donor requirements
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of the center – Responsible for daily opening/closing and maintaining scheduled hours of operation.
- Serve your customers in a thoughtful way and be considerate of the users at LLC.
- Ensure that everyone has access to the center and nothing prohibits them from using the services.
- Maintenance of the collection and equipment.
- Make sure software are up to date and NO illegal software is installed, and password protect computers.
- Develop and post rules for patrons and ensure their implementation.
- Work closely with local U.S. Government representative.
- Enhance center staff capacity through timely feedback and training as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with host institution, educational institutions, the Embassy, and local government officials.
- Responsible for creating and conducting program activities to include speakers, discussion groups, cultural events, and regular classes in English, computer training and any other topic of interest to the local population.
- Attract volunteers and diverse speakers for programs.
- Frequently conduct outreach activities (e.g. fliers, event notification, visits to schools)
- Participate in the online community of American Corners.
- Work to improve operations and outreach to result in increased user attendance at LLCs and at programs.
- Develop, compile and coordinate yearly activity calendar.
- Develop and send activity reports to Kabul as required.
Budget Management and financial reporting:
- Manage center procurement as per standards.
- Check and review all financial documents and see that all financial transactions are sufficiently supported.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Enter all processed financial transactions into the computerized system and ensure its accuracy before posting.
- Assist Kabul management in reconciliation of other financial reports.
- Maintain files for vouchers and other departmental correspondence.
- Any other assignment given to him by his/her supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree: Business Administration or Public Administration or Law and Political science or Economic or public Policy or International Relation or Management, Governance. Master is prepared.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Send you resume to below email address and write the position title and reference number in your email subject line. The subject line of the email must be: 389 Coordinator Kabul Education University.