|Date Posted:||Jun 21, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 6, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||51200 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
IN THE CONTEXT MSF IS RECRUITING LOG COORDINATOR ASSISTANT FOR A 6 MONTH POSTING
Duties & Responsibilities:
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
- Assist in specific activities assuming some delegated tasks, according to instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure a proper logistics management.
- Plan and supervise the logistics (repairs, equipment maintenance, stock management, cleanliness, etc.)
- Support in organizing the ordering and transport of goods, in order to comply with the needs in terms of quality and timelines.
- Organize and supervise the fleet of vehicles (driver's schedules, vehicles maintenance, vehicles registration and insurance, fuel consumptions, etc.), in order to ensure coping with the transportation and movement needs.
- Assist with the check-up and supervision of the proper functioning of the computers and other communication and IT.
- Ensure repair and maintenance of generators and power back-up systems as well as cold chain equipment, water pumps and other technical equipment in order to have everything running adequately.
- Support the planning and ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training), and participating in any emergency activity or exploratory visit, in order to ensure giving appropriate assistance to the population
- Inform in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will ease decision-making
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in Engineering essential
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
- Other experience in similar position and professional experience with construction essential
- MSF experience desirable
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written essential