|Date Posted:||Aug 29, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Request for “Expressions of Interest” for National Individual Consultants
Organization: Project Coordination Unit (PCU)
Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP)
Reference No.: MEW/PCU/REOI/595
Announcement Date: 29-Aug-2019 closing Date: 18-SEP-2019
Nationality: Afghanistan Duration: one year (Likely to be extended)
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Requires travel to provinces:
Excellent oral and written communication skills in national languages as well as English.
Be able to present complex technical problems in clear manners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Job Description/Duties and responsibilities:
As per the MEW plan and strategy automatic hydrological stations have been installed in the historical as well as new location around the country, after the installation by supplier O&M of installed stations was responsible of the contractor, after 2017 a mobile team established through the IRDP project for operation and maintenance of all installed stations to collect hydro-climate data for the infrastructure projects.
The National Hydrologist/Officer will be responsible to supervise and coordinate the O&M team for resolving the challenges in the stations around the country for the sustainability of hydro-met network of Afghanistan.
Data Collection and Data Process:
1. Coordination and contact with O&M engineers and field hydrologist to collect the challenges faced in the hydro-met network around the country.
2. Preparation the status of installed hydro-met stations and coordination with WRD/MEW to manage the team for field visit.
3. To be insuring from the activities has been doing by the team in the field to gain a good result for the maintaining the stations.
4. Assist and conduct the OJT for field hydrologists and O&M team.
5. Supervising/coordinate the O&M team for arrangement the field trip.
6. Preparation the O&M manuals for all installed sensors to be usable for field hydrologists.
7. Preparation monthly, Quarterly and annual O&M activity report and submit to the WRD/MEW and hydrometeorology project manager.
8. Maintain spares inventory record.
9. Any other assignments that the supervisor instructs to be undertaken – those related tasks.
Be able to visit the stations when required around the country
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Required Qualification and Experience
1. Bachelor Degree in any engineering discipline from University/Institutes.
2. Minimum 4 years’ experience on similar job.
- Having experience of working with national and international organization.