|Date Posted:||Oct 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
The main purpose of preventive maintenance (PM) activities are to avoid or mitigate the consequences of failure of equipment, keep equipment working at normal and planned circumstances achieving required operations, and extend the life time of the equipment.
There are different indoor MW units/equipment inside clean rooms and outdoor MW units/equipment mounted along towers. Their maintenance and performance analysis, to make sure they are functioning at normal and planned conditions, is very important after a specific period. It is essential to perform proper preventive maintenance activities to all MW equipment/hardware of each cell sites. It needed to analyze performance of MW equipment, resolve their deficiencies on site, and refer the complicated deficiencies to MW operation department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The main responsibilities of preventive maintenance MW engineer are as follow:
- Check physical location of IDUs and their temperature.
- Check IDU connectors and DC power cables.
- Check grounding resistance of IDU.
- Make sure that IF cables and connectors properly secure.
- Proper labeling of IDUs
- Make sure that proper weatherproofs are applied to all ODUs connectors.
- Check with rigger to make sure the ODU grounding resistance is at the range of normal value.
- Record the parameters value of each MW link such as radio type, far end, Rx level, TX level, frequency, MW antenna size etc.
- Resetting and troubleshooting of power of received signal and transmitted signal if there is any deficiency.
- Make sure that all MW equipment are dust free and running without any noise
- Dismantle all free MW equipment in the sites.
- Removing all MW related free cables and arranging active cables properly.
- Graduate of university_ B. E. or B.Sc. Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineer. Master Degree in this field is preferred.
- Worked on transmission planning tools such as MapInfo and Pathless.
- 3-5 years’ work experiences in MW, Electrical, or Electronic Field. Work experience in a telecom company in MW field is preferred.
- Having experience in installation and maintenance of various transmission equipment.
- Having experience in implementation of PDH and SDH loop protection and testing.
- Experience in link performance, frequency audit, and LOS survey.
- Strong and proven integrity, time management; work prioritization skills, Ability to multi-task. work under pressure and handle numerous tasks simultaneously in timely manner.
- Understanding of AWCC procedures, rules and regulations an asset.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.