|Date Posted:||Feb 13, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Mar 13, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Accounting/Finance ,Construction Management,Procurement|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
ZNCC is a leading name in the power-infrastructure segment for the Afghan ministries and utilities and the United States government. With 15 years of experience, we handle and deliver design, supply, construction, transportation, and turnkey power projects with efficacy and precision. Right from scratch to the execution of the projects, our expertise in EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction), O&M (Operations and Maintenance) has made us one of the most sought-after names in the field. Irrespective of how complicated a project is, our performance in the energy and construction sectors are counted among the best in the country. Be it in power transmission, substation, or distribution, we offer holistic EPC services to the core sectors in Afghanistan. For a transparent approach in project management, proper financing, and resource management, get in touch with us.
The incumbent will be overall responsible for the day to day management and operations of the procurement department. In close coordination with the senior management of the Company, he will review, revise and develop manuals, policies and procedures for the procurement department. In this role, he maintains effective liaison with ZNCC management, potential suppliers, and vendors in order to acquire the most cost-effective deals and provide required materials and services to the Company in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity, and quality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the procurement department.
- Develops, maintains, and enforces transparent procurement procedures and processes in the main office and site offices.
- Establishes procurement strategies for acquisition, receiving, and tracking of project materials that optimize quality, cost, and timely delivery criteria.
- Prepares a range of procurement-related forms and documents including, (Purchase Requisition Form, Quotations, Bid Summary Sheet, Purchase Order Form, Service Contract, Receipts, and Amendments, etc.).
- Prepares procurement execution plans and oversee the full array of materials management and procurement functions of purchasing, expediting shipping, receipt and inspections, and logistics.
- Develops plans for the effective organization and temporary storage of project materials and general inventories at various warehouse locations ensuring maintenance of accurate records for all stored materials, and the safe, secure and orderly upkeep of warehouses.
- Identifies and deals with national and international potential suppliers and manufacturers for purchasing goods and their shipment from their initial destination till its final destination.
- Participates in proposal / estimating efforts for a major project(s) and become involved in early negotiations with subcontractors, prior to project release.
- Monitors suppliers and service providers’ performance against the contract terms and highlight relevant concerns and issues for the attention of the project team.
- Responds to queries from ZNCC, clients, companies, etc. regarding procurement-related matters and maintains effective liaison with suppliers for delivery of materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon.
- Executes and manages subcontracts, leases, and contract modifications and ensures compliance with regulations and corporate policies to protect the company.
- Responsible for the proper management of procurement files consisting of subcontracts, licensing agreements, leasing agreements, maintenance agreements, and modifications.
- Ensures proper maintenance of approved vendor lists, as well as ensuring the availability of updated supplier catalogs and pertinent vendor/manufacturer data.
- Ensures all business transactions are conducted in a proper and ethical manner so that no conflict of interest, real or implied, can be construed.
- Oversees all Accounts Payable reconciliations and assures all invoices are audited for compliance with contract terms and supervises contract closeout.
- Any other job-related tasks that shall be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, construction management, or any other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in Procurement in construction/engineering environment including cost planning, tendering process, managing variations, and national and international shipment.
- Experience with legal aspects of contracting as well as contract management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Pashto, and Dari.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Pro-active, accountable, self-motivated, results-focused, hands-on,
- Self-starter and ability to make and execute decisions
- Extensive knowledge of the construction/energy industry
- Excellent negotiation, influencing, and leadership skills.
- Strong teamwork, time management, and analytical skills.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV along with a cover letter to Jobs@zncc.com no later than 13-Mar-2021. Please mention the position title and vacancy number in the subject line as Procurement Manager_ZNCC-VA-49-2021