|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Muslim English Language Institute:
MELI Established in 2004 to address Afghanistan Education & Job future challenges, the mission of MELI has grown to promote a dynamic and capable civil society as a means to solving Afghanistan challenges from a grass roots level and by combining local know-how with global innovation. To prepare them taking part in Political, official, economic and social events and preparing proposals for NGOs and Construction companies etc and also to implement the approved projects after discussion with foreign clients in English as a Translator. MELI seeks to be self-sustainable, striving to create and manage projects which generate own incomes and reduce dependence on donors. MELI believes in creativity as the engine of change for Afghanistan. MELI teaching environment aims to be dynamic and professional. Great attention and care is given to providing a quality, positive and professional teaching environment to all staff. The dignity of the staff is of utmost concern for the organization as is their professional development. To date, great attention and investment has been given to professional and organizational capacity building, made possible in large extent.
Project Director is a key position in the development of the MELI; and the incumbent needs to carry multiple tasks in order to achieve the main goal for which this department and position has been established. The Project Director supervises Project Manager and other staff related to the Project Department. The Project Director is mainly responsible for overseeing subordinates who are assigned certain tasks to complete for a given project within specified timeframe. Project Director needs act as a liaison to create more project sources in both governmental and private sector.
Requires travel to provinces:
¨ Proficient in English and local languages
¨ Strong English written skills
¨ Knowledge of grant and project auctions’ process in GoA
¨ Persuasive communication
¨ Managerial experience in the field of development cooperation including in grant management
¨ Analytical and problem solver of the issues in the relevant area
¨ Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and results-focused reports
¨ Proven experience working with Government, civil society, international organizations and donors
¨ Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Draft and/or proofreading of the grant proposals
· Plan, organize and participate in the project bidding with accordance of the GoA procedures
· Act as a liaison with different national and international NGOs, and governmental and private sectors to explore projects for the MELI
· Manage and coordinate project activities with the Top Management of the MELI including Consultancy
· Manage day-to-day project implementation and overall coordination of project outcomes
· Managing and directing subordinates on daily basis and give them task to perform
· Ensure effective communication and coordination between the Project Department and donor/clients
· Provide direction and leadership in advocating project objectives and in ensuring that all interested parties are well informed about the project activities and goals.
· Identify any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the Project.
· Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the Project. Annual/Quarterly Work Plans and Progress/Final substantial and financial reports and its submission to the Top Management and Consultancy.
· Prepare monthly reports on key project activities, issues and required action points. Prepare the project semi-annual progress reports (progress against planned activities, update on risks and issues, expenditures), annual review report and final review reports, and submit them to the Top Management.
· Ensure the quality of outputs and results with optimal monitoring mechanisms; establish effective coordination, monitoring, information sharing and reporting systems
· Together with the Finance Department, prepare budget and reports to donors. Furthermore; Monitoring, evaluation and audit project related documents and report
· Manage Project administrative and security related activities, monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
· Ensure proper professional relationships with relevant national and international partner agencies, with community leaders, local NGOs and other Community Based Organizations (as Women associations, Youth associations, etc).
· Verify and streamline all requests for Project, administrative, logistical and other support
· Manage the transfer of Project deliverables, documents, files, equipment and materials as per the standards of the MELI
· Ensure establishment and maintenance of proper paper filing systems
- Paying regular visits to the sites as and whenever requested/required
- Perform other duties that may assigned by the Top Management
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
PMP, MBA or equivalent degree in international development, social sciences, public administration or other relevance field with having at least 5 years’ experience.