|Date Posted:||Aug 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||39000 - 39754 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC's institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country's context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The Health and Nutrition officer should work with cooperative attitude to keep the link and integrate the Health and Nutrition with BPHS activities in accordance with the national standards at MHNT level Plan, coordinate, supervise/monitor and report health and nutrition related activities in line with Logical Framework of the project in the provinces and develop communication network for this purpose in coordination with the BPHs Health and Nutrition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop a system to oversee the project performance and study the impact of program activities.
• Coordinate and facilitate the joint supervision and monitoring mission.
• Provide supervision report and follow up action plan and feedbacks
• Participate in monthly action plan process for the project.
• Assist provincial manager in finalization of monthly action plan of project
• Provide on job training to the Mobile health/Nutrition team during the supervision
• Manage and follow up supervision work plans
• Manage relationships between the Mobile health/nutrition team and program staff
• Actively manage Mobile health/nutrition team performance and development.
• Conducting regular supervision visit from MHNT and districts offices
• Conducting orientation session for mobile health/Nutrition team and Technical officer health regarding project targets and related topics
• Establishing and follow up of a referral system from MHNT to referral hospital
• Create a linkage of the program with community
• Support Pharmacy unit to ensure appropriate supply of nutrition commodities and essential drug to MHNT
• Prepare report of meeting attended
• Prepare monthly supervision and field trip report
• Coordinate any issue related of MHNT with line manager
• Participate in Health/Nutrition coordination meeting at provincial/district and community level
• Assists in Identifying training needs and conducts relevant orientation, workshop, training and learning/development activities for MHNTs staff on nutrient topics
• Provide technical support to provincial managers
• Conduct regular supportive supervision visits to district offices and MHNTs, and provide constructive feedback and on the job training.
• Collecting monthly data from MHNTs through technical officer health (based on district offices), then analyzing and compiling and submit the report to Provincial Manger and to HMIS Manager (Kabul office)
• Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the Provincial Manager.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• Good organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
• Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
• Familiar with report writing and planning
• Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
• Training and capacity building skills in participatory monitoring method
• Graduated from medical university (MD),
• 3-4 years of work experience in the relevant field.
• Experience in training, facilitation, and/or program support.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills (written and spoken) of Dari, Pashto & English Demonstrated skills in health management and ability to work effectively as part of a team Ability to travel to the targeted provinces and districts and other related districts when it is required.
• Ability to support the project team and provide/receive constructive feedback Knowledge of planning/organizing/communication skills, problem analysis/solving presentation skills/facilitation, and coaching skills
• Experience of working with BPHS implementer NGOs will be given priority