|Date Posted:||Aug 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Management|
|Salary Range:||60200 - 60252 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC's institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country's context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
He /she will lead the provincial level all mentioned activities and will perform the below responsibilities. He will understand the project implelentation plan and will do accordingly for the better implementation of the project. He will supervise the fellow staffs, will engage in the process of planning and will ensure the achievement as per set target. He will be reportable to Field Operations Manager and will perform the instructions as per needs following the OM. The incumbent will be inhered of the provincial offices as per need.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsible for ensuring the project facilitation in the respective province
- Prepare the plan for performing the project deliverables as defined in Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP).
- Ensure all training to be conducted by the BRAC staffs for members, initiate staffs' capacity development, conducting sample basis monitoring of the project, supervise the fellow colleagues at their works, ensure the quality of assigned activities as defined in DIP
- Prepare reports and submit to the BRAC country office and Field Operations Manager on periodic basis,
- Cooperate with relevant provincial government directorate, . Keep communication with other line directorates, like; Health, Education, Agriculture, at provincial and district level.
- Provide supportive supervision to the district managers and all relevant field staff
- Ensure sound financial management and minimize and mitigate risks
- Ensure timely procurement and process oriented procurements as per BRAC procurement policy and guidelines
- Ensure quality monitoring of project activities in accordance to M&E SOPs and guidelines
- Ensure team building and staff capacity building initiatives are taken
- Coordinate any donor or stakeholders visits/monitoring visits at the provincial and district levels.
- Perform any other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor
- Maintain the office decorum considering BRAC values
- • Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- • Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- • Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• At least 4-5 years experience field at the managerial level and rural development program implementation.
• operations management, providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems of an office/operation of similar scale and complexity;
• Knowledge and skills on project implementation and as well as on rural development aspect. Skills in communication and leadership. Computer competency: MS word and Excel, PPT