|Date Posted:||Dec 4, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees (20% women), FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches (including one women only branch). The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about 180,000 (23% women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The Recovery and Special Assets Management function is critical to prudently managing the bank’s non-performing loan (NPL) accounts; the incumbent of the position is responsible for the recovery of NPL accounts in the branches.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Understanding of legal remedies available in loan default scenarios.
- Prior experience working effectively with customers.
- Knowledge of banking principles, policies and procedures
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, managing time and resources.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Good skill in Microsoft Office programs specially in Excel.
- Good command of English communication.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review client’s file and ensure that the loan process and delinquency management conducted in compliant with the policy and procedures and that the follow-up actions are documented properly.
- Visit client, guarantor, their businesses and collateral along with Sales Manager to ensure of their existence and the conditions.
- Find out the reason/s why the loan was not repaid on time and report it to the recovery unit.
- Visit client, guarantor and collateral owner for recovery process and agree with parties for repayment of the loan as per the recovery guideline.
- Prepare weekly recovery plan, share it with the Recovery unit and implement it.
- Follow up with parities on agreed repayment through mobile call or personal visits.
- Examine the operational related issues of NPL account and assess if it needs to be escalated to next step recovery process and co-ordinate the recovery of overdue amounts.
- Review branch’s NPL accounts status on daily bases and prioritize follow-up actions accordingly.
- Follow up on NPL accounts to bring down the percentage of NPL by organizing personal / joint visits for recovery of overdue amounts.
- In Chronic (where no amount is received in 3 months) organize group visits, recommend for appropriate action by the Recovery or SAM unit.
- Obtain approval for filing cases with the authorities from SAM unit on case-to-case basis, register the case and monitor its progress for recovery of overdue amount.
- Weekly progress report on activities planned, action taken and the outcome.
- Monthly report to the Recovery & SAM unit on recovery process and deficiencies.
- Quarterly report to the Recovery & SAM unit on collection and losses.
- Ad hoc report on financial losses to Recovery & SAM and operation risk unit on cases related to fraud or embezzlement.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kunduz
The position requires High-school graduate certificate (bachelor degree in Business Administration or business related field is preferred) with over 3 years of work experience in credit process and lending. Preference will be given to candidates with experience SME lending and recoveries.
The ideal job holder shall possess
- Minimum 3 years of lending and recoveries with the bank/MFI.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial statements.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) Secured Transaction Law on Movable property in banking transaction.
- Good knowledge of (or willingness to learn) Law on Mortgage of Immovable Property in banking transaction.
- Good knowledge (or willingness to learn) of the DAB and Basle Committee rules and regulations pertaining to prudential risk management.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email (email@example.com).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line and for more information please kindly visit the FMFB Web site : FMFB.com.af/careers.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.