|Date Posted:||Jan 4, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
Afghanistan’s infrastructure is grossly inadequate in comparison with the world and even regional standards and is one of the critical reasons holding back economic growth. The existing infrastructure is largely inadequate to satisfy the needs of economic development as well as the demand arising from population growth. However, the large fiscal deficit and paucity of resources limit the Government’s capacity to meet growing infrastructure needs and has emerged as a major constraint to the country’s efforts to improve its investment climate.
Given the increasing demand for services and the need for significant level of investment, capacity and resource requirements, and the constrained fiscal situation and declining in international aid, among other factors, has led the government of Islamic republic of Afghanistan to start a PPP program in order to support the development and delivery of high-quality infrastructure services for the public.
Therefore the government has established PPP Unit at Ministry of Finance in 2014, the purpose of the unit was to develop legal and regulatory framework and as policy maker and serve as a coordinating body. According to the importance and need for this reform the Ministry of Finance has upgraded the Unit to Central Partnership Authority which is working under the direct supervision of the Minister of Finance.
The Central Partnership Authority is a technical board providing qualified assistance on all what related to PPP, to the political and administrative decision makers, for enhancing their planning, developing and implementing projects activities and protect the vested public interest and budget.
Research for support of public and private partnerships in a variety of sectors, identification of opportunities for investment through a public-private partnership, preparation and presentation of guidelines, and concepts appropriated by international accepted principles to streamline public-private partnership in the country.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Computer skills (MS Office) especially excel database.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language and fluent in one of the local languages;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Afghanistan law including Private Investment, Public Finance, Procurement and any new PPP laws.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the role of operational standards to achieving a high quality organization and capacity to provide highly strategic advice on issues such as the Ministry’s private hospital facility standards, planning and delivery processes.
- ·Ability to influence, persuade and consult with powerful stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes for the Ministry
Duties & Responsibilities:
. Research on concepts, Feasibility studies, and other possible implementation modules, contract awards as well identification of appropriate means of possible PPP projects in a variety of sectors.
2. Research on implemented projects in all sectors and informing of suggestions and notions to the PPP Leadership in improvement for implementation of PPP projects in the said sectors.
3. Research on prevalent opportunities and challenges for the investment of the private sector through PPP and providing clear solutions.
4. Drafting, Preparation, and development of policies, regulations, procedures and guidelines of comprehensive nature in tandem with accepted national and international norms for better provisions of PPP in the country.
5. Maintaining linkages between Public and private sector, awareness, and capacity development of private sector pertaining to the Public-Private Partnerships.
6. Provisions of technical supervision in implementation of capacity development plans, preparation of reports of coordination and awareness workshops, and capacity development on a monthly basis, quarterly basis and yearly basis of the PPP Directorate.
7. Support technically in improvements of coordination among central and provincial organizations. Investors, industries, Funders, and other national and international organizations in better implementation of PPP programmers.
8. Any other task assigned by supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor degree, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, public Administration, Financial Management, Statistics. Master degree will be preferred
Bachelor degree with 5 years reinvent working experience
Master degree with 3 years relevant working experience.