|Date Posted:||Dec 31, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 30, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||8|
|Functional Area:||Telecommunication ,Telecome Engineering,Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
As a part of the RF, the overall responsibility is lying under the fulfilment the requirements of smooth operation of RF nodes. Testing and integration of new NE with the existing network is also part of his responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Monitoring & maintaining the radio KPI of network and preparing recommendations for further improvement of the network quality for GSM/WCDMA/LTE network.
• Hands on experience drive test tool TEMS Investigation 18x and 21x, Excel, MapInfo, Google Earth, and Actix, Hand GPS.
• Perform different types of DT like Multi-Operator BM DT, Single site verification DT, and Cluster Level Optimization DT, Customer Complain DT to improve the 2G/3G /4G network.
• Primary field level optimization based on DT by verifying existing coverage, coverage holes and implement physical parameter recommendation.
• Collecting field data to investigate and troubleshoot network problem for 2G/3G/4G sites.
• Prepare DT report based on DT log files.
o Drive test of the assigned area of the Network as per customer complaints and also during the visit of VVIP in the assigned area as per instruction.
o Work with complain reported from the customer care.
• Network Design & Capacity Planning – Network design activities involved:
o Clear understanding of 2G/3G/4G network structure, coverage strategy, planning tools and designing tools.
o RF planning related work & RF network design.
o Conduct New Site Survey, Relocation Site Survey, Swap site survey, EMF Survey, Expansion Site survey to collect the physical parameter for planning and collect panoramic photos for the site.
o Frequency Scan with RF frequency scanner to identify the external interference of the network.
o Planning actions for various marketing or country events (like EID, Concert etc.).
o Capacity analysis for 2G/3G/4G sites for expansion of overloaded sites.
o Neighbour planning for 2G/3G/4G New sites and relocated sites.
o LAC/TAC Plan for migration site from one BSC/RNC to another BSC/RNC.
o Prepare RF Configuration sheet for new and relocated sites.
o Prepare frequency plan for 2G/3G/4G sites new and relocated sites.
• Network Optimisation & Performance
o Monitor 2G/3G/4G sites performance and Responsible for improving OSS KPIs such as Traffic Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility, Service Integrity, Congestion, utilization & Availability.
o WCL analysis and give recommendation based on performance.
o TA/TP analysis for overshooting sites and optimize accordingly.
o Audit 2G/3G/4G Neighbour regularly and prepare recommendation for add/remove Neighbour.
o Investigate problematic site in correlations between drive test data, statistics, counters, alarms and take corrective actions.
o New site alarm, hardware, transmission and parameter check before SSV.
o 2G/2.5G Optimisation; Frequency re-tuning, Co Channel & Adj Channel Interference Identification, Neighbour analysis.
o Analysing Drive Test data to evaluate RF related issues in Setup failures, Call Drops, Handover Failures, suggesting missing Neighbour Antenna Changes, down tilt, Reorientation, Neighbour modifications etc for 2G/3G/4G network.
o Creating reports & templates while post processing Log files.
o Recommending changes to the Network Parameters to improve Network Performance.
o Comparing Network Performance before and after Optimisation activities.
• Network Audit & Benchmarking
o Physical site audit
o Optimization parameter and setting analysis
o Performance Statistics analysis
o Providing recommendations for the client’s issues.
B.Sc. in Electrical and electronics, Computer Science & Engineering, Telecommunication, or related subject area from well known reputed University with minimum 6 years of experience in Telecom service provider at least 2 years of work experience RF Engineer
1. Deal with high demands, workload and emergencies.
2. Willing to do the work under pressure and prolonged time.
3. Willing to travel ( All the regions while required )
4. Excellent English communicational skills.
5. Must have good Knowledge in Excel
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Khost, Kandahar, Faryab
Kindly mention the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your e-mail (RF Engineer/ AWCC/REC/20/VA/095). AWCC regrettably cannot respond to individual queries in relation to job or on the status of individual applications due to high numbers of applicants. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successfully.