|Date Posted:||Aug 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||46000 - 46156 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||8 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC's institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country's context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
She/he will conduct field visit and analyze relevant report/findings to identify challenges and will take required initiative for quality execution of the programme. S/he will be responsible to provide on job training to staff to build their capacity, which will assist to ensure successful implementation of livelihoods related activities. S/he will keep coordination and collaboration with relevant stakeholders to ensure the required services for participants. As well as S/he will provide technical support to the Team Leaders and project team at field levels. Contribute to the project performance/progress reports to the donors, BI and other stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical advice to Technical Officer- Livelihoods at field level in designing appropriate and innovative livelihood and community development initiatives.
- She/He will provide support and implement market linkage tools or mechanism for the project participants
- Assist to ensure effective implementation of livelihoods support activities and strategies at the provincial/districtlevel on time.
- Assist to execute the participant & staff training as per guidance of project technical specialsit.
- Staff capacity development in livelihoods related knowledge through different types of technical training, workshop, meeting, field visit.
- Ensure livelihoods related different reports from the field, analysis all report and take necessary initiative, and submit to technical specialist
- Follow technical guidance from technical wing of project to take necessary initiatives for the project as per need.
- Assist to bring innovation in specific context to add value to livelihoods sector which will drive poject toward effectiveness and sustainability
- Participate in different meeting, forum and provide inputs & reflection for the betterment of project.
- Coordinate and maintain good relationship with the relevant external project stakeholders
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
·Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in relevant field. Experience of working with livelihoods or in development sector is preferred.
work experience economic development programs, income generating protects and livelihoods.
Technical background and experience in livelihoods, agriculture, agribusiness, and rural economic development.
Experience with and technical knowledge of livelihoods programming (vocational training, apprenticeships, cash for work, small enterprise development, Community cohesion and infrastructure projects, etc).
Excellent presentation and training delivering skills.
Team-oriented, innovative self-starter able to take initiatives from start to finish with an emphasis on quality.
Fluent in English with excellent Pashto and Dari speaking skills.
Good understanding marginalized people, displacement issues of both internally displaced and refugees.
Good experience of working directly with local communities and local authorities as well as experience of survey and assessment work.
Excellent training delivering skills.
Experience of implementing livelihoods projects.
Good communications skills as well as experience of having worked with most conservative communities.
- Good knowledge on different geographical context
- Training facilitation skill
- Communication and networking skill
- Record keeping and documentation skill
- Analytical skill
- Problem solving skill
Good computer knowledge specially MS Office.
- Team building
- Conflict managing
- Integrity and honesty
- Have passion to work with poor
Ability to manage & mobilize people and resources