|Date Posted:||Nov 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Translator is mainly responsible for translating documents from English to Dari/Pashto and vice versa.
Requires travel to provinces:
Proven ability to work independently and effectively, and problem-solve on the job to address different challenges and obstacles with a creative, innovative approach.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Email, Internet)
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. The translator is mainly responsible for translating documents from English to Dari/Pashto and vice versa.
3. The documents are confidential and important, often containing legal terminology.
4. Checking translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure they are accurate.
5. The work involves engaging with government employees, therefore the translator must have the ability to interpret from Dari/Pashto into English.
6. The translator must have the ability and cultural understanding necessary to interpret in all three languages without changing the fundamental meaning of the message.
7. Write, review, edit, proofread and format official documentation and other related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency of documents.
8. Participate in the meetings, take minutes and translate in English or in Dari and/or Pashto if required.
9. File all translated documents properly in both hard and soft copy.
10. Perform any other appropriate tasks that support the overall project, as assigned by the supervisor.
11. Any other tasks assign by the line manager according to laws and regulations.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Minimum bachelor’s degree in literature, business with languages, law with languages, Translation studies with languages or related field.
At least (5) years of experience as English to Dari/Pashto translation and vice versa.
Knowledge of terminologies in legal settings and/or extensive subject matter knowledge in this field.
Ability to write and verbally communicate fluently in English, Pashto, and Dari.
Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.