|Date Posted:||Mar 12, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Engineering,Construction Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
TATEKAN is an Afghan network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the Afghanistan’s most complex challenges. In TATEKAN we do design build structures, delivering power, energy & clean water (water system, sewerage system & irrigation system) and restoring damaged water & sewerage systems. Connecting villages and rural economies with roads, bridges, and transit systems. Helping international clients executing construction projects in Afghanistan.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, talented construction Survey Engineer for a project located in Kabul, Afghanistan. The project duration is more than one-year.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written)
· Strong team working skills and an ability to work in a team environment and multi task.
· Familiar with USACE project and regulation
· Willing to travel and stay on job site up to 2 months
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Survey Engineer:
· Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
· Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements, topography, and calculations conducted at survey sites.
· Direct or conduct surveys and layout in order to establish legal boundaries for project sites.
· Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
· Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of topography.
· Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
· preparing survey drawings and topography.
· preparing As-Built drawings.
· Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts and software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D and GIS (geographic information systems) programs
· Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
· Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about project boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
· Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, PM, CM, clients, and others concerned with projects, also writing reports as required.
· Regularly adjust surveying instruments and manage calibration test of machines in order to maintain their accuracy.
· Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
· Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
· Train assistants and survey helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps.
· Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
· Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
· Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
· Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments.
· Conduct research in surveying and mapping methods, using knowledge of techniques of photogrammetric map compilation and electronic data processing.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
· Minimum of 3 years as a Survey Engineer with USACE/ International agencies contractors.
· Familiar with EM385-1-1 requirements
· University degree in Civil Engineering or Survey related field.
· Must have understanding of construction terms.
· Good knowledge of construction methods and USACE procedures.
· Proficient in Microsoft (Word and Excel), Civil 3D, GIS, and AutoCAD.
· Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.